c/o Peter Norlin, Treasurer
9511 Rolling Greens Drive
Phone: +1 (734)878-2900
Collaboration and conflict resolution
During his presentation of the Silverman Endowment at IODA Conference 2011 in Melbourne, Australia, Marc Silverman highlighted the principles that guided his father’s approach to promoting collaboration and conflict resolution among global partners.
Here are a few examples:
- Dignity—yours and mine—is enhanced through rational process and dialogue.
- Man’s ethical capacity is something that must be grown and developed.
- The principle vehicle for growth is rational dialogue, which encompasses feedback and openness to looking at one’s self.
- Once substantive matters have been negotiated, they require efficient implementation and follow-up structures.
- Solutions to all substantive problems must include both long-term and short-term perspectives.
- All people have the right to universal education, particularly psychological knowledge.